Saturday, February 20, 2021

Chapter 8: Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore

    In terms of coming up with a full idea for my film opening, I will admit that I am struggling. In order to develop my idea, I would need. to create a full plot, and limit my opening to an engaging part of that plot. I had an idea to have the main character deal with a personification of their own anxiety following them. However, in order to make it engaging and show off technique I would need to develop this idea further.

    I had come up with an idea for an existential drama that follows the plot above, although engagement seems to be an issue. I would like to make the personification of anxiety more funny to add a more light tone to a dark story. I would also like to make the personification of anxiety and the main character a relatable character, so audiences can see their own anxieties reflected on screen. I would also like to make the personification of anxieties, similar to the anime Death Note where the shinigami Ryuk follows the main character and makes quips.

Death Note Anime - Light and Ryuk

    To further display knowledge of technique, I had an idea to use a lower angle shot and film the main character going through their day to day in different locations, which would be a cool way do display a series of match cuts. This would show both technique with editing and technique with camera shots, as this requires knowledge of the techniques as well as the skill to carry it out well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 29: CCR

 It's here! The CCR is here! It's been a wild ride, and I am sad to close out this journey. Thank you for following along on our lit...