Friday, February 26, 2021

Chapter 11: We Are Never Meeting in Real Life

Today we had our first group meeting in class, and I have to say it was more beneficial than I thought. Getting feedback on my ideas really did help me streamline some of my ideas. Thanks to my group members (hi guys!) I think this 2-minute opening might really help me. My group members had 2 ideas that really stood out to me:

1. Standing Out

As my project has a lot of similarities to Death Note or Big Mouth, I really needed a way to stand out. Therefore, thanks to my group members' input, I had the idea to remake this character into a very manic and irrational being. This would differentiate from those other productions as this character would be clearly a bad influence on Cassie (the main character) and making her life more difficult than helping her with her problems. As in other productions, the follower helps the main character, this may be another way to stand out

2. Shooting the Characters

My project is reliant on the idea that the follower character is not an actual presence, but in the opening, I was having a hard time figuring out present that idea. I originally had thought of making my character have a conversation with a friend or parent, but that might be difficult as we only have two minutes. Therefore, it might be easier to use the camera to do that. If I can have shots of the character alone when they aren't speaking to the follower, then it might be easier to tell the audience that the follower is in their head. 

Another big thank you to my group, they were such a big help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 29: CCR

 It's here! The CCR is here! It's been a wild ride, and I am sad to close out this journey. Thank you for following along on our lit...