Saturday, February 27, 2021

Chapter 12: Followers

My film needed a more set tone for my follower character. Therefore, I have created an identity for the character. Everyone, meet Agi!

I decided to name the character Agi since it is an old Norse element meaning "terror". As Agi is the personification of anxiety, I wanted the character to be over the top with this emotion in a similar capacity to a cartoon character. In the film Inside Out, Fear is a very anxious character and is over the top with this emotion. Therefore, if Agi can be over the top with anxiety, then it is better conveyed to the audience that this character is a problem for Cassie to deal with.

22 Fictional Characters People With Anxiety Relate To | The Mighty

In terms of character design, Agi is very manic and anxious. I wanted them to look disheveled and use makeup to make their eyes look heavy and red. I would also like to have them wearing something similar to Cassie, but less put-together. By designing Agi this way, it will be easy to see the link between Cassie and Agi. This will also create a contrast between the characters as Agi is more heightened than Cassie is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 29: CCR

 It's here! The CCR is here! It's been a wild ride, and I am sad to close out this journey. Thank you for following along on our lit...