Sunday, February 28, 2021

Chapter 13: The Lost Plot

 Today, I have created a rough draft of what my plot for the 2-minute opening is going to be. In order to stay under the 2-minute limit, I may need to make some cuts, but for the most part, I think that this will be the plot I stick with and the one I use when crafting my shot list and my script. This will be good for keeping me on track to meet that March 13th and 14th shooting date.

This is a rough draft (using bullets for what actions will happen) of my 2-minute opening:

  • Cassie wakes up, sees Agi next to her, clearly annoyed
  • Agi rambles about things that can happen to Cassie as she goes through her day
  • Cassie ignores Agi
  • Cassie walks out the door
  • Agi follows her as Cassie does her day-to-day
    • Seen at the grocery store, coffee shop, driving, etc
    • Agi is only seen when Cassie is paying attention
  • The scene ends with Cassie yelling at Agi to shut up and other people see her screaming at nothing
Although a very basic plot, I believe I can incorporate a lot of technique into the opening and really allow my knowledge from the course to shine through. This will be a great effort towards making a well-done opening and expressing my creativity and knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 29: CCR

 It's here! The CCR is here! It's been a wild ride, and I am sad to close out this journey. Thank you for following along on our lit...