Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Chapter 14: Casting Off

I'm writing this post with some good news, I have finally cast my actresses! I am very excited to announce that Sydney Cameron and Ria Tomlin will be playing the leads in my opening! Sydney will be playing Agi, and Ria will be playing Cassie! Both of these people will be available for the March 13th filming date, which is perfect since they will need to be onscreen together for most of the opening. Another great thing about these actresses is that they are already friends, so having them work together will most likely not be awkward, which could have been an issue with other actors.

I wrote the script for a female lead, however, I did not write Agi as being a female character. Agi was written as an imaginary follower, and gender was not essential to the character. Sydney put her own spin on the character when I asked her to read a few lines, and represented Agi's dialogue as more chaotic than I had pictured when beginning the script. Her interpretation was more true to what the opening needed and gave more personality to the character. I had changed the opening to focus on Agi a bit more as well because Sydney was so engaging as the character.

Cassie was always meant to be a sarcastic but well-meaning character that is struggling to deal with her anxiety. Ria resembles that type of person and understands what anxiety can feel like. This made her a perfect fit for Cassie, and because of that, I hope that she feels like a more three-dimensional character. I've tried to make Cassie's character seem more realistic, and by having her played by someone who has dealt with her issues, hopefully she will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 29: CCR

 It's here! The CCR is here! It's been a wild ride, and I am sad to close out this journey. Thank you for following along on our lit...