Saturday, February 13, 2021

Chapter 5: Just Enough Research

As I have started to research genres for my film opening, I have begun to do some research into drama openings. I watched the openings to movies like "Malcom and Marie", "Goodfellas", and "The Social Network".  What I have learned is to fully embody some genre characteristics. One genre characteristic that really integral to some dramas is dark themes.

Saving Private Ryan, a dramatic film released in 1998, is set during World War II. The film uses very dark and dramatic themes to capture the dark and dramatic aspects of war. By properly capturing those themes, the film was able to seem more realistic, which created more emotion from audiences. By embodying the proper theme, I can better create emotions from potential audiences.

I will continue to research genres, but I do like the idea of doing a film in the drama genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 29: CCR

 It's here! The CCR is here! It's been a wild ride, and I am sad to close out this journey. Thank you for following along on our lit...