Sunday, March 7, 2021

Chapter 16: My Brilliant Friend

In order to better show how Agi is only seen and heard by Cassie, I wanted to add a situation where Agi wouldn't be seen . So, in order to accomplish that, I added a new character. By adding a new character, I can create a situation where it would be evident that Agi is not real, as well as providing some insight into Cassie's character outside of her interactions with Agi. 

I gave the character the name "Cara" as it means "friend". Cara is shown in the opening as a friend of Cassie's, which is why I gave her that name. Cara is also supposed to be a minor character, so she will only be seen in a brief scene in the opening. Cara's character is supposed to show how Cassie can hear Agi even during her interactions with others, which gives some insight into how Agi controls Cassie. 

Cara's relationship with Cassie is presented as positive, and their interaction is supposed to be a harmless and supposedly meaningless encounter. However, I wanted to give some insight into Cassie's life. As Cara is Cassie's friend, I want to write dialogue for Cara that reflects Cassie dodging talking to or hanging out with her friends. I also want to write dialogue for Agi to give the audience some information on Cassie's perception of her friend and the state of their relationship.

By including Cara, I hope to be able to create more meaning behind Cassie's character.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 29: CCR

 It's here! The CCR is here! It's been a wild ride, and I am sad to close out this journey. Thank you for following along on our lit...