Friday, March 12, 2021

Chapter 17: The Book of Lost Names

    While preparing my script for the project, I realized that I needed to give my film opening a title. Therefore, I tried to come up with a name that captures the essence of my project. I thought of doing an adjective as a title, as seen with Disney movies like "Tangled" or "Brave". These types of titles give the idea behind the main character without giving away the bigger plot. However, I tried out a random line from the script as my title and really liked it.

    I decided to name the film opening "Stop Telling Me What To Do" as it reflects key points from the script that I wanted to be presented. The plot deals with Agi and Cassie in a struggle over Cassie's actions and presents the idea that Cassie feels manipulated and unheard in her life. This also reflects the idea that Cassie is struggling with Agi wanting her actions to reflect Agi's will, and how Agi can feel unheard by Cassie, even if some of her suggestions are nonsense. 

    This would also contribute to giving my film opening an identity. I have had some issues trying to create an identity for my film, and having an identity most likely will make the film better. Having an identity to put to the film will also be helpful in shaping what techniques I want to use when filming, as my film will adhere to both genre characteristics and its own artistic identity. 

    This title felt unique and fun for my project, and its identity is shaped throughout the time I work on it, I am excited to see what the final product would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 29: CCR

 It's here! The CCR is here! It's been a wild ride, and I am sad to close out this journey. Thank you for following along on our lit...