Saturday, March 13, 2021

Chapter 18: Zen in the Art of Writing

 In anticipation of getting to film my opening, I have written my script (including locations). 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kpeou2vn9eDgVdHKch19E6vtT-mOTA-m/view?usp=sharing 

While writing the script, I had my sister give me some ideas for what the character Agi would say. I gave her a scenario, and she started messing around with dialogue that could reflect exaggerated anxieties over the scenario. These discussions largely affected the dialogue used by Agi, and most lines delivered by the character are verbatim what my sister had used as an example. This gave some realism to very exaggerated dialogues.

However, with Cassie, her lines were created in reaction to what my sister thought Agi should say. These were fairly fluid reactions to an exaggerated character, which places Cassie as the "straight man" character in an exaggerated scenario. This, hopefully, will make her reactions to her anxiety seem more real, and be presented on film as more realistic. 

As we go onto the filming phase, I look forward to seeing my script onscreen, and I'm excited to see it onscreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 29: CCR

 It's here! The CCR is here! It's been a wild ride, and I am sad to close out this journey. Thank you for following along on our lit...