Thursday, March 18, 2021

Chapter 21: Brief Answers to the Big Questions

 In addition to my group member meetings, I also had a meeting with my teacher to discuss some ideas with editing techniques. As I had struggled with identifying editing techniques in mock essays, I felt I needed some help with establishing my knowledge of editing techniques in my film opening. During our conversation, I got a suggestion that I feel will really help me.

My teacher recommended the "shot-countershot" method for editing. As my film contains two characters having a conversation, so the shot-countershot technique would fit well into my film. Using this style of editing would allow for the use of POV or over-the-shoulder shots to be used within the scene, which would be helpful with camera technique. It would also be a relatively easy technique to employ, as it does not require an immense amount of skill to implement properly.

I hope that I am able to use this editing technique well, as editing the film opening is the part of the project I am most scared for. Editing is a lengthy process that will also need me to employ my skills when dealing with sound, which will also be quite difficult. Hopefully, this process will be easy, as I am still nervous about the length of time that editing will take as I also need to film and edit my CCR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 29: CCR

 It's here! The CCR is here! It's been a wild ride, and I am sad to close out this journey. Thank you for following along on our lit...