Friday, March 19, 2021

Chapter 22: The Astonishing Color of After

 As tomorrow is the big day, I wanted everything to be perfect for filming. More specifically, I wanted the costumes worn by my characters to be perfect. Therefore, I did a bit of research into colors related to anxiety. Hopefully, this research will give some more meaning to my characters.

First, I did some research into colors related to anxiety. One color that stood out among the research was the color grey. The chart below lists varying shades of black and grey as the "mood" of those with anxiety. The use of greys and blacks was a planned aspect of Agi's costume, however, I would now like Cassie to be wearing some shades as well. It would be interesting for Cassie to move from a light grey to a dark grey from the first seconds to the last seconds. It would be an interesting tie to Agi, who I now plan to have to wear entirely black (in the same outfit throughout the opening).


Second, I did some research into colors that relate the opposite of anxiety, confidence. A Wall Street Journal identifies red as the color of confidence, as it is a "regal color". As Cara displays opposite emotions of Cassie, I would now like to introduce and show her wearing red. This would also add some more identity to the character, as she would be identified as someone who commands attention and is noticed, which is in contrast to Cassie feeling invisible.

Sources- https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna35304133 

              https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748703369704575461831595519768

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 29: CCR

 It's here! The CCR is here! It's been a wild ride, and I am sad to close out this journey. Thank you for following along on our lit...