Monday, March 22, 2021

Chapter 23: Experimental Film

It's finally been filmed! After almost six weeks of work, my project is finally filmed! Looking back on the amount of work it took to get to this point feels strange as it wasn't a very complicated shoot. The filming process was relatively easy and only took about two and a half hours. We were lucky to have such an easy filming process, although we did run into one roadblock.

We realized halfway through filming that the roles of Cassie and Agi would be better if we switched the actors. The original footage with the original casting felt less authentic, and we really wanted the characters to feel real. However, when we switched the actors the scenes felt more real. Apart from Cassie and Agi, we still needed a Cara. When I couldn't get anyone else to be available for filming, I stepped in to fill the role. It was fun to get to be a character in my opening, although I really do prefer to be behind the camera.

During filming, we also did realize that the situation depicted in the film gave way to a lot more comedy than we thought. Therefore, a lot of Agi's character got rewritten to be more comedic than dramatic. We also realized when filming that it would be easy to have the character break the fourth wall, which is a fun tool in comedies that I always enjoy.

With filming over, we're moving over to the editing process, which I am not looking forward to. However, the project will be completed very soon, which makes me very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 29: CCR

 It's here! The CCR is here! It's been a wild ride, and I am sad to close out this journey. Thank you for following along on our lit...