Thursday, March 25, 2021

Chapter 24: In the Blink of an Eye: A Perspective on Film Editing

Now that filming has been completed, we now start post-production! While I am very excited to finish the project, editing does happen to be my least favorite part of the process. It can feel draining to stare at the same footage over and over and trying to get sounds to come together perfectly. However, I am hopeful that the editing process will not take too long and my project will look amazing.

One thing that is integral to the editing of my piece is sound. There is a shot that requires overlapping voices and gasps and requires sound editing that I am less equipped to do. Therefore, I have brought in my friend Alex to help with the sound editing as he has experience with the subject. He will be credited in my opening, and I do appreciate his help.

Another thing that is integral to my piece is lighting. In my group meeting, we had discussed the importance of lighting, and specifically how the lighting around Cassie should be dark and the lighting around Cara to be light. So, when editing, I would like to use a filter to give lighter and darker tones to these shots that I did not have due to lack of lighting equipment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 29: CCR

 It's here! The CCR is here! It's been a wild ride, and I am sad to close out this journey. Thank you for following along on our lit...