Sunday, March 14, 2021

Chapter 19: Delayed Rays of a Star

        So, due to a lot of hectic work given in the last few weeks of the quarter, my leads could not have filmed yesterday. Therefore, filming has been delayed to next Saturday, March 20th. This was disappointing as my script had been completed in time to film my project, and I had a basic idea of a shot list. However there are always silver linings, and this is no different. Two good things have actually come out of this delay.

        First, I do get the opportunity to use a stabilizer when we film next Saturday, which will make the shots look cleaner than shooting without one. During the "one-word" film we had made in class earlier this year, I faced some issues with stabilizing the camera during a pan shot, which made the film look sloppy. In order to create a cleaner look, that stabilizer will be incredibly helpful in making shots avoid looking "shaky". "Shaky cam" is my biggest pet peeve and being able to avoid that will make me feel more confident about this project.

        Second, I would get to further complete my shot list for the opening. I only had a basic idea for a shot list, so hopefully being able to flesh out what I wanted to do will give more efficiency to the filming process. I had discussed my idea with some friends who said that I needed to flesh out technique in a fairly basic opening, so having a shot list will be better to brainstorm what types of camera techniques I can better implement into the piece. 

       While filming has been pushed to Saturday, I look forward to getting to go through the process of shooting and making my idea a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 29: CCR

 It's here! The CCR is here! It's been a wild ride, and I am sad to close out this journey. Thank you for following along on our lit...